I hope everyone had a great Valentine’s day yesterday. Mine was low key but good, my boyfriend took me book shopping and then we went for dinner. I have few books to share with you all, post coming soon. 🙂 Today’s post will be an unboxing for January’s PageHabit.
PageHabit is an awesome monthly book subscription service. I just love getting this box each month and highly recommend it.
Reasons why I love this subscription service:
- Annotated by the author
- Variety of genres to choose from
- You can add a book from a different genre to your order
- They donate to literary charities for each box and also when you share a pic through social media
- Note from author
- Great selection of bookish goodies
Since, historical fiction is my fav, I get that box with the mystery add on. This months historical fiction book is The Maze at Windermere by Gregory Blake Smith and the mystery books is Two Girls Down by Louisa Luna.
The Maze at Windermere is hard to explain but it sounds so good. The blurb on the back explains it the best so I will just quote that “In his emotionally expansive new novel, Smith spins out five narratives set in Newport, R.I, from its beginnings as a British colony to its later incarnation as the playground of the very rich… A moving mediation on love, race, [and] class.” – Publishers Weekly (starred reviews)
Two Girls Down is about two sisters, Kylie and Bailey, who disappear from a mall. The heart broken family hires Alice Vega, former bounty hunter to find the missing girls. Alice will stop at nothing to bring the girls home before all is lost.
Also included in this box was:
- The PageHabit bookmark
- I love the PageHabit bookmarks they always have great quotes on them. This months quote is from J.K Rowling
- A metal bookmark
- Short story
- This months short story is called Immaculate Obsession by John Affleck.
- I already read it, it is about football and it was okay, I am not a huge football fan. Also, I didn’t really get the ending.
- Book Donation to Ghana in partnership with Sanitation and Literacy Ghana and Books for Africa.
My box was missing the note from the author and a bookish goodie. From the unboxing videos I have seen the other bookish goodie was a match stick pencil set. I would have liked to have read the note from the author because I always enjoy reading them.
If you are interested in signing up/learning more about this book box here is my PageHabit referral link. I don’t get paid if you use this link but I would get 10 off my next box. Feel free to use it or not. 🙂
What is your favourite book subscription service? I would love to know.