I am back with another post to bring you all the books I bought in January and December. The majority of these books I bought on BookOutlet for their Boxing day sale so I didn’t spend a ton of money. I have almost 50 books to show you, so, I will make this as brief as possible. 🙂
*I have linked book titles to goodreads so if you want a synopsis just click the link
- The third and fourth books in the Wars of the Roses series. I don’t own the first two but I do want to read them because after reading the Cousin War series by Philippa Gregory I want to read more books about this time period.
- I haven’t read much about Mary Queen of Scots but I want to so plan on reading soon.
- I received this in my December PageHabit subscription box, I didn’t receive it until January as I live in Canada. This is a novel about Ada Lovelace who studies mathematics and science and doesn’t conform to society expectations.
- Book two and three in the Mistress of the Art of Death series. I read the first one a long time ago and have been meaning to continue on with the series. This is a medieval mystery series that I found enjoyable. The MC Adelia is a forensic medical examiner in 1171 England.
- Roberta finds a letter of her Grandmothers that leads her to uncover dark truths. I believe this is a dual timeline novel one with Roberta in the present day and of Dorothea(Roberta’s grandmother) during WWII. Sounds so good I think I might read it soon and only 271 pages.
- A story about three people who’s lives become intertwined during WWII. I feel like I have seen this everywhere but at the same time have heard nothing about it. All I know it I needed to have it.
- Another WWII novel following Clara Vine who is a British actress in Berlin and while in enemy territory she acts as a spy for British intelligence. I love a good WWII novel and this one seems like it will be a page turner.
- This is the last WWII novel that I bought this month. I am not sure what this one is about really, I mostly bought because it was part of the 3 for 10 selection and no other books appealed to me.
- Maud Heghton becomes a live-in companion to Sylvie Morels and everything is perfect until she soon discovers some of the Morels’ family secrets. Love books about uncovering secrets and betrayal. Look forward to reading.
- This was given to me by a co-worker and I am thankful that she has given it to me to read. I don’t know too much about this but it is set in 16th century Venice and is about a renowned midwife.
- I have been wanting to read this since it came out and I found it at my used bookstore for $2 and in great condition. Can’t wait to read it.
- This one sounds a little weird but I liked the cover of it and that was my main reason for buying it. All I know is it is about a librarian who finds a book that reveals a family curse of travelling circus mermaids who die.
- Ellen Hopkins is an auto-buy author and I want to own all her books, so, I picked this up without know what it is about.
- This is a prequel to Practical Magic following Fran and Jet Owens.
- Part memoir, part fiction of deathbed confessions from Chason’s grandfather
- Received in my pagehabit box and is the 7th book in the Inspector Challis series.
- I didn’t love Lauren Oliver’s young adult books but I wanted to give her another chance and see how she does in adult fiction. This is a ghost/haunted house story.
- I feel like I am the last one to read this book and I plan on reading this soon and then watch the movie.
- I was excited when I found this at the second-hand shop I have been meaning to buy this in a physical format since forever. I want to reread it this year.
- I also picked this up at a second-hand shop and am so glad that I own it again.
- Again I am one of the last people to read this. It just seems like such a commitment.
- A mystery thriller set in a New England prep school
- I’ve heard nothing but great things and need to get to it soon.
- Not even sure what this one is about but I know I want to read it soon. Love mystery thrillers books.
- I own an e-book version but had to get the physical form when I seen it at second-hand store.
- I bought this without knowing much about I seen it on BookOutlet and liked the title so I got it.
- This book gives me Shadow of the Wind vibes and I love that book and so I think I will love this one too.
- I believe this is being turned into a movie so will have to read it before it comes out. It is about a hostage/terrorist situation
- Bought this because it was the Storytime with Squibbles book club pick for January.
Young Adult Fiction
These YA books haven been hyped and am pretty sure everyone knows about them so I am not going to go in to detail.
I want to start reading more non-fiction and I have quite a few on my shelves that remain unread. All but two are about writing, I am really interested in reading about writing at the moment.
I hope you enjoyed my January book haul. What books have you bought recently?